Sunday, August 28, 2011

Savanna's Cake

I remember it was my friend Savanna's birthday, and I made this for her. I'm honestly not sure which birthday it was for... maybe it was her 14th? 

Savanna loved LOVED pink and pretty things. So, what's a better suiting cake than a pink dress with pearls?

And no, please no, I was trying to avoid that generic "Barbie Doll" look. Hopefully I dodged that one.

Note: the actual dress is covered in fondant. (Notice the wrinkles on the dress. Eeps! I didn't know how to smooth fondant then, and I still don't!) Also, the dress is a half sphere of cake, it's this special pan that has half sphere molds in it. I love that pan, it's very useful. So if you find yourself needing to make little cake spheres, then go get one! The Wilton brand sells them.

No comments:

Post a Comment