Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tasia's Sweet 16


Oh my, where to begin! I guess here is a good spot. Just to warn, these photos aren't going to be in chronological order. (I wanted to start with the cakes I did when I was younger, but all those photos of all the cakes I did got lost when our old laptop crashed back then. It's still sad when I think too hard about it)

This Sweet 16 cake was done for my best friend Tasia. She was just taking driver's ED, and she was way excited about driving and the whole car world. So her party theme was a cute road signs/driving theme! It was a very fun cake to do.

Note: I did not use fondant on this cake, though fondant would have been best for the design I was going for. I just used regular buttercream icing. Honestly, I still have not had very much experience with fondant. Personally I don't appreciate its flavor. But I am told that making it by scratch is the most delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment