Saturday, August 27, 2011

And a blog was born.

I was nine years old when my dream of someday becoming a successful cake decorator was born.

It all started with a mother/daughter bonding activity, which consisted of signing up at the local craft store for a beginning-level cake decorating class. My whole life I have been "the artist" of the family, and it was no surprise to my mom when I fell in love.
My love and passion for cake and the elements of design continued to grow as my experiences with cake shaped the knowledge I gained throughout the following nine years after taking that class, which is where I stand today;

a passion driven, determined, day-dreaming college student currently studying for a career in biotechnology.

So what am I doing starting a blog about cakes then? (Cake obviously doesn't equate to biotechnology)

To be quite frank, I don't know. (Which seems to be a common answer to many questions among my fellow college students out there. Sometimes, we just don't know)

All I know is that I love cake, and decorating them. I love all types of art, and perhaps that's a reason why I love cake so much, it's a delightful and delicious challenge.
To create a work of art that's edible, that's taking the arts to a whole different level.

So on this blog, I plan to publish photos of all my previous cakes, helpful notes on some of them, and hopefully along the way share the things I've learned and the experiences I've had throughout the nine year journey up to this point in my life. Of course, following all the cakes I've done up until now, I will continue to record the new experiences of today and of course, photographs! 

So here I am blogger world! And here comes the cake.



No comments:

Post a Comment